New Website / 1.3 Planning

Hi everyone!
I've been ignoring email over the past few days (which felt great) to make
some progress on a new OpenShot website.  I've finally finished the website,
and it will live at http://www.openshot.org.  Please take a look and let me
know what you think.  The goal for this site is to really promote OpenShot
and help direct users to the correct resources (i.e. screenshots, videos,
support, forums, etc...).  OpenShotVideo.com will become the "Blog / News"
site.  Soon, I will update the blog's theme to match the new website, so
both sites will look very similar and share the same menus.

*Planning for version 1.3:*
A new series (1.3) and a new milestone (
https://launchpad.net/openshot/+milestone/1.3.0) has been created to keep
track of our next version.  All unresolved tickets need to be targeted away
from 1.2.x and instead moved to 1.3.0.  Also, any new tickets need to be
targeted to 1.3.0.  I have a *few ideas* for version 1.3, so let me know
what you think about them (I'm open to any suggestions as well):

*Focus of 1.3:*

   - *Interface Improvements *- Better & smaller icons, dock-able windows
   (i.e. simple / advanced), detachable windows, etc...
   - *Timeline Improvements *- Select a clip - so we can have panels show
   information about the clip.  Multi-select (maybe a box selection tool to
   drag around many clips).
   - *Slideshow Improvements *- Ability to select many files from the
   project tree, choose some transitions, choose the length, choose some
   effects, and then generate a slideshow on the timeline.
   - *New Artwork* - More Transitions, More Titles (SVG), and More Animated
   Titles (.Blend)
   - *Bug Fixes* - Critical bug fixes that do not overlap with the above
   issues

I would like target the next release for December 17, 2010.  It will be an
early Christmas present for everyone! =)

Please let me know what you think.
-Jonathan

Follow ups