Re: New Website / 1.3 Planning

Hi Jonathan,

A lot of interesting things today. [?]

 | I've been ignoring email over the past few days (which felt great) to
make some progress on a new OpenShot website.  I've finally finished the
website, and it will live at http://www.openshot.org.  Please take a look
and let me know what you think.  The goal for this site is to really promote
OpenShot and help direct users to the correct resources (i.e. screenshots,
videos, support, forums, etc...).  OpenShotVideo.com will become the "Blog /
News" site.  Soon, I will update the blog's theme to match the new website,
so both sites will look very similar and share the same menus.

Whaoo beautiful. I see that you have well worked. [?] Globally, it is
perfect, beautiful, feel the professional and looks professional and well
think (for the gallery also). Just one remark about the manual. He is only
in English and  don't show the work done by the others people of your
comunauty (i don't said that for me but for the others). I know that for
some language, just only one person only have translated it. And i think
that we should have the link for the OpenshotUsers for provides all the
manual translated. After, the user could see quickly what is available and
choose which one is the better for him. So, it could be not limited at the
English users.

A lot of on the appearance so it is meaning a new theme and about the UI ?
what we decide ? We included it in this milestone or not ?
You have already work on (the mockup that you have show us there is a while)
?

 | I would like target the next release for December 17, 2010.  It will be
an early Christmas present for everyone! =)
It was what i have imagined for this period and a great present.[?]
And we give an name or not (like i have done already a proposition) ?

Cheers.

2010/10/4 Jonathan Thomas <jonathan.oomph@xxxxxxxxx>

> Hi everyone!
> I've been ignoring email over the past few days (which felt great) to make
> some progress on a new OpenShot website.  I've finally finished the website,
> and it will live at http://www.openshot.org.  Please take a look and let
> me know what you think.  The goal for this site is to really promote
> OpenShot and help direct users to the correct resources (i.e. screenshots,
> videos, support, forums, etc...).  OpenShotVideo.com will become the "Blog /
> News" site.  Soon, I will update the blog's theme to match the new website,
> so both sites will look very similar and share the same menus.
>
> *Planning for version 1.3:*
> A new series (1.3) and a new milestone (
> https://launchpad.net/openshot/+milestone/1.3.0) has been created to keep
> track of our next version.  All unresolved tickets need to be targeted away
> from 1.2.x and instead moved to 1.3.0.  Also, any new tickets need to be
> targeted to 1.3.0.  I have a *few ideas* for version 1.3, so let me know
> what you think about them (I'm open to any suggestions as well):
>
> *Focus of 1.3:*
>
>    - *Interface Improvements *- Better & smaller icons, dock-able windows
>    (i.e. simple / advanced), detachable windows, etc...
>    - *Timeline Improvements *- Select a clip - so we can have panels show
>    information about the clip.  Multi-select (maybe a box selection tool to
>    drag around many clips).
>    - *Slideshow Improvements *- Ability to select many files from the
>    project tree, choose some transitions, choose the length, choose some
>    effects, and then generate a slideshow on the timeline.
>    - *New Artwork* - More Transitions, More Titles (SVG), and More
>    Animated Titles (.Blend)
>    - *Bug Fixes* - Critical bug fixes that do not overlap with the above
>    issues
>
> I would like target the next release for December 17, 2010.  It will be an
> early Christmas present for everyone! =)
>
> Please let me know what you think.
> -Jonathan

Olivier
Cenwen un elfe sur la banquise/ an elve on the ice
Mon blog perso  sur le multimédia, Ubuntu, Linux et OpenShot :
http://linuxevolution.wordpress.com/
Le forum d'Openshot où vous me trouverez : http://openshotusers.com/
http://openshotusers.com/forum/index.php

GIF image