OpenShot Update

Hi everyone!  I hope everyone is having a great December.  It's getting very
cold here (for Texas), tonight it's supposed to hit 34 F.

I wanted to give everyone an update, since I've been a bit quite the last 2
weeks.  I have been working on some MLT issues with Dan.  We are trying to
get the "sdl_preview" consumer working really reliably.  Dan has already
fixed a few big issues and committed them.  Also, I finally figured out how
to get MLT working in Aptana / Eclipse with debugger support.  So, I finally
don't feel so helpless when MLT crashes. I am planning on spending the next
week (or so) working on the following MLT tasks:

   - Speeding up the "sdl_preview" consumer stop() method
   - Fixing a seg fault when changing the producer without stopping the
   consumer
   - Adding the MLT version number into the library, so OpenShot can access
   it

The ultimate goal of these updates is to improve the speed at which OpenShot
can update MLT to a new video source (such as previews or changes to the
timeline).  Currently, it can take upwards to 2 seconds to stop the consumer
(if it's playing), load the new producer, and start the consumer again.

Thanks,
-Jonathan

Follow ups