Re: SCALE 9x Update!!!

The importing of MLT XML was an interesting feature request, and let me
explain why people wanted it.  Many people were trying to automatically
create EDL (or XML) files that represented a video project, and then
automatically export those using scripts.  One example was a automobile
commercial that is produced over 200 times with different phone numbers and
different company names.  So, they want to create a script / program to
generate 200 different openshot projects, and automatically export them.
 However, often something will need to be tweaked, such as a phone number
that is too long, or a company name that wraps off the screen.  So, they
want to be able to quickly open up the EDL or XML file in OpenShot, make the
adjustment, and then export that.  In other words, these people worked at
companies that dealt with lots of video automation, and wanted ways to
quickly and programmatically create video projects for OpenShot.

-Jonathan