Hello OpenShot Team!

Hello Team!,

I would like to introduce myself to the
group.  My name is Joseph LeVan and I currently live in the U.S. in
the southeast corner of Pennsylvania.  My "higher" education includes a split
undergraduate degree in art/film/visual merchandising, a masters
degree in telecommunications.  I began a doctoral degree in
educational technology but withdrew due to family and business
concerns.  What I enjoyed the most from my college days was the
handling of actual movie film stock and editing the grass-roots way –
scotch tape.  It was a great way to learn editing would be highly
recommended if you have not tried it.

I taught film, visual display,
animation, and various computer classes at the collegiate level here
in PA in the 1990s.  I have been in the arcade/amusement business for
the last 9+ years.  During that time I have been blessed enough to
have had major video game tournaments that have drawn people from
around the world.  Video taping and live internet streaming has
become part of my business.  As a result of my business, I have met
some great people including some of the talent (actors) and
production staff from the “Jackass” movie and TV fame.

In my “free” time I work on the
occasional movie project or music video.  It is always nice to keep
fresh with my editing and filmmaking/video production skills.  I also
would like to mention that I have been beta testing computer
software/hardware and other items for about 14 years.

I look forward to meeting the entire
team of OpenShot developers.  Please feel free to say hi and
introduce yourself.  It is a pleasure to have been approved for the
OpenShot team (thank you Jonathon). I look forward, with the
collaboration of the OpenShot team, to bringing the absolute best
product possible to the end user.

J. P. LeVan