openstack-community team mailing list archive

Re: Greeting

Hello Masanori,

On 10/26/2011 11:24 PM, Masanori ITOH wrote:
> 2. Let's create a list of regional/local communities information including
>    urls of their homepages/MLs and contact persons there.
>    For example, it would be like:
>      Global ...
>      Japan   HP: http://openstack.jp/
>              ML: openstack-ja@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>              Contact: Masanori Itoh (launchpad id: thatsdone)
>      Indonesia ...
>      Egypt ...
>      Korea ...
>      ... more ...
>
> 3. Let's put a link to the above wiki page on the top of
>     https://launchpad.net/openstack-community

I think it is a good idea. Probably we can revamp the page
http://openstack.org/community/ and make it more informative, instead of
duplicating the information on a wiki page. I'll check with the
openstack.org webmaster what his plans for that page are and get back to
you.

> BTW, in my understanding, there seems to be a decision migrating
> from the Google Group to launchpad for the international community
> discussion. But, naturally there must be some time window for migration.

There are two reasons for this move: the first and most important is
that the whole openstack community is on launchpad, so we better be
close where the action is. The other reason is that I couldn't join that
google group. Lets move here where things can be managed more easily.

> One more thing which I want to point out is that there is a big time zone
> difference between Asia and North America. In case of Japan,
> we live 9 hours ahead of UTC. Anyway, let's wait.

I expect this list to be low traffic. I imagine this a place where the
coordinators of OpenStack user groups around the world can share best
practice, discuss new topics and advertise their activities.

What do you think this list should be about?

/stef