Re: Convention for documenting a sequence of events

That would be a <procedure> in DocBook. In DocBook the <title> for a
<procedure> is optional, but we could change that. Often you'll see a
convention where the titles of procedures have to follow a grammatical
pattern (e.g. they have to start with an infinitive "To start the
server"). An advantage of procedures is that if you xref to a <step>
in a procedure, it will automatically add the word "step" plus the
number to the link text.

David