Re: Bringing SUSE In

Hi again all -

I took a closer look this morning. The patch is only for Object
Storage installation using "zypper" commands for SLES.

So we need to figure out how to deal with this. The install guide
works in a way that all OpenStack projects are installed. If we accept
that we want the SLES instructions, we'd have to mark up all the rest
to not be included (I think). Or we restructure it somehow.

I also wanted to report back on the way the build works. I don't think
we have to change anything in the pom to add another platform. See:

<properties>
        <!-- This is set by Jenkins according to the branch. -->
        <release.path.name>local</release.path.name>
        <comments.enabled>1</comments.enabled>
        <operating.system>yum</operating.system>
        <!-- This is set by Jenkins to run twice for each similar
operating system group -->
        <profile.os>centos;fedora;rhel</profile.os>
    </properties>

Rather we have to change the Jenkins build files
/modules/openstack_project/files/jenkins_job_builder/config/manuals.yaml
to add a third build job with these "goals" -

-Doperating.system=zypper -Dprofile.os=sles;opensuse
-Drelease.path.name=${DOC_RELEASE_PATH}
-Dcomments.enabled=${DOC_COMMENTS_ENABLED}

So, how can we incorporate this info? Perhaps we include it in the
Object Storage Admin guide only and skip the conditionalizing since it
doesn't work well in our current scheme with all projects being
installed?

Thanks,
Anne