Re: Core reviewer process change

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 3:24 AM, Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 05/28/2015 02:28 AM, Lana Brindley wrote:

>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> On the back of the 'Team Structure' Design Summit session, I've decided
>> to implement the new core reviewer process as discussed. I've written it
>> up on the HowTo:
>>
>> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/HowTo#Achieving_core_reviewer_status
>>

> Please keep in mind that the stackalytics URL you give includes
> security-doc and training-guides which have separate core teams, so double
> check the entries.
>
> I suggest to use reviewstats instead since it uses only the doc-core
> repositories:
>
> http://russellbryant.net/openstack-stats/docs-reviewers-30.txt
> http://russellbryant.net/openstack-stats/docs-reviewers-90.txt
>
> See also:
>
> http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/reviewstats/tree/projects/docs.json
>
>  I'll initiate the first round of statistics-based approvals on Monday,
>> so now is the time to yell if you don't like this plan, or think I have
>> something backwards. Of course, if we do this once or twice and decide
>> it sucks, then we can always change it in the future, too.
>>

> Let's see how it works out ;) I'll yell when I see comments.
>
> Btw. I think our last additions were a bit premature, I don't see
> Alexander at all in the last 30 days ;(

Ah, good point.

Lana, your write up is very oriented toward "achievement" and I think that
you'll need to also add how we want to rotate people off of core.

Also, on timing. Is every month a bit too much churn especially once you
start removing people from core?

And then lastly, the debate always occurs about how "core" is not a badge
but a review responsibility. How can we make it less of an "achievement"
and more of a "responsibility" in the write-up?

Thanks for doing this work -- definitely needed.
Anne