Re: Core reviewer process change

On 05/28/2015 02:47 PM, Anne Gentle wrote:

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 3:24 AM, Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxx
<mailto:aj@xxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On 05/28/2015 02:28 AM, Lana Brindley wrote:

        Hi everyone,

        On the back of the 'Team Structure' Design Summit session, I've
        decided
        to implement the new core reviewer process as discussed. I've
        written it
        up on the HowTo:
        https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/HowTo#Achieving_core_reviewer_status

    Please keep in mind that the stackalytics URL you give includes
    security-doc and training-guides which have separate core teams, so
    double check the entries.

    I suggest to use reviewstats instead since it uses only the doc-core
    repositories:

    http://russellbryant.net/openstack-stats/docs-reviewers-30.txt
    http://russellbryant.net/openstack-stats/docs-reviewers-90.txt

    See also:
    http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack-infra/reviewstats/tree/projects/docs.json

        I'll initiate the first round of statistics-based approvals on
        Monday,
        so now is the time to yell if you don't like this plan, or think
        I have
        something backwards. Of course, if we do this once or twice and
        decide
        it sucks, then we can always change it in the future, too.

    Let's see how it works out ;) I'll yell when I see comments.

    Btw. I think our last additions were a bit premature, I don't see
    Alexander at all in the last 30 days ;(

Ah, good point.

Lana, your write up is very oriented toward "achievement" and I think
that you'll need to also add how we want to rotate people off of core.

Also, on timing. Is every month a bit too much churn especially once you
start removing people from core?

If we look at 30 and 90 stats, it shoiuld fine. People sure take vacations and shouldn't be removed for one month of inactivity.

And then lastly, the debate always occurs about how "core" is not a
badge but a review responsibility. How can we make it less of an
"achievement" and more of a "responsibility" in the write-up?

I agree. core is really an extra responsibility!

Thanks for doing this work -- definitely needed.

+1 ;)

Andreas

Anne

    How can we encourage and keep new comers? I suggest to reach out to
    him and ask...

   GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Dilip Upmanyu, Graham Norton,
       HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)