Re: Core List - June 2015

On 01/06/15 16:05, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> On 06/01/2015 02:24 AM, Lana Brindley wrote:
> Hi cores,
>
> I've just taken a look at the reviewer stats, as per the new core team
> process
> (https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/HowTo#Achieving_core_reviewer_status),
>
> and here's what I found:
>
> Current cores not appearing in 30 or 90 day stats:
> Alexander Adamov
> Bryan D. Payne
> Summer Long
>

> Current appearances in 30 or 90 days stats not core:
> Alexandra Settle (appears in 30 day, but not 90)
>
> Daniel Houghton (appears in 30 day, but not 90)
>
>> Are you sure? I think this is "daz" and that's Darren Chan.

It is Daz, yes, which is Daniel Houghton. Darren Chan is dazzachan.

> ologvinova (appears in 90 day but not 30)
> I would like to get the current number of cores from 15 to 13 (12 core
> team + PTL), so I would like to propose dropping Bryan Payne and Summer
> Long, and not adding anyone else at this stage. I don't want to drop
>
>> Agreed on Bryan and Summer.
>
> Alexander at this point, for a couple of reasons: he is actually at #13
> on the 90 day stats, so he only just missed out, and also that he's a
> new core, and I feel we should give him a chance. I will email him
> directly to discuss this. As for adding people, I would like to see
>
>> Yes, please discuss with him.

Will do.

> people in both 30 and 90 day stats before we add them, as it shows
> commitment over time. If you agree, I'll email the three people
> identified here to encourage them to continue the good work, though.
>
>> I would also be fine with adding Alexandra in. She is no. 13 in the 90
>> day stats. But I'm also fine with waiting another month.

Anyone else feel that Alex should be invited? As she reports to me, I
don't want to be seen to be biased here, so I'd like a few people to
agree that it's the way forward before I do so.

>> What are we going to do - if we stay with 13 cores - if Alexandra and
>> Darren continue? I'm not sure whether the number 13 here should be that
>> magic if it would mean kicking out somehow active folks.

No, I think we can be flexible around this number.

>> Or do we want some kind of measure on contribution that would decide on
>> the growth?

I'm happy to go back and take contributions into account as well, if
that's what people want. It just won't be until tomorrow now.

>> We can postpone this discussion for a month as well ;)
>

> Votes yay or nay?
>
>> Yay - your proposal is fine.

Thanks Andreas :)

- --