Re: Core List - June 2015

On 06/01/2015 02:24 AM, Lana Brindley wrote:

Hi cores,

I've just taken a look at the reviewer stats, as per the new core team
process
(https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Documentation/HowTo#Achieving_core_reviewer_status),
and here's what I found:

Current cores not appearing in 30 or 90 day stats:
Alexander Adamov
Bryan D. Payne
Summer Long

Current appearances in 30 or 90 days stats not core:
Alexandra Settle (appears in 30 day, but not 90)

Daniel Houghton (appears in 30 day, but not 90)

Are you sure? I think this is "daz" and that's Darren Chan.

ologvinova (appears in 90 day but not 30)
I would like to get the current number of cores from 15 to 13 (12 core
team + PTL), so I would like to propose dropping Bryan Payne and Summer
Long, and not adding anyone else at this stage. I don't want to drop

Agreed on Bryan and Summer.

Alexander at this point, for a couple of reasons: he is actually at #13
on the 90 day stats, so he only just missed out, and also that he's a
new core, and I feel we should give him a chance. I will email him
directly to discuss this. As for adding people, I would like to see

Yes, please discuss with him.

people in both 30 and 90 day stats before we add them, as it shows
commitment over time. If you agree, I'll email the three people
identified here to encourage them to continue the good work, though.

I would also be fine with adding Alexandra in. She is no. 13 in the 90 day stats. But I'm also fine with waiting another month.

What are we going to do - if we stay with 13 cores - if Alexandra and Darren continue? I'm not sure whether the number 13 here should be that magic if it would mean kicking out somehow active folks.

Or do we want some kind of measure on contribution that would decide on the growth?

We can postpone this discussion for a month as well ;)

Votes yay or nay?

Yay - your proposal is fine.

Thanks,
Andreas
Lana

- --
Lana Brindley
Technical Writer
Rackspace Cloud Builders Australia
http://lanabrindley.com

   GF: Felix Imendörffer, Jane Smithard, Dilip Upmanyu, Graham Norton,
       HRB 21284 (AG Nürnberg)