Bug triaging issue

Hi everyone,

I've been noticing in the last few months (and I'm sure it's been a problem before) that we have contributors submitting bug reports, and then immediately fixing before triage,  or there are patches without bugs (or blueprints) and it's becoming quite confusing.

I am finding that this is a problem because some of these bugs are personal issues they're finding with their individual builds, or on occasion it is a bug that needs to be fixed and individuals are offering the wrong solutions and immediately trying to patch it up in the documentation.

Personally, I'm unsure how to solve this issue, and wondering if we can get a think tank going on how to solve this.

So far all I've been able to do is to remind contributors to wait for a second individual to triage, or the patch is eventually abandoned due to several negative reviews (which, ultimately encourages said contributor not to come back because we look like a very negative community).

We can do more "bug triaging days", but not everyone is to give the time to this exercise.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Comments? Questions?

Thanks,

Alexandra Settle
Information Developer II
Rackspace Private Cloud, Australia

alexandra.settle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:alexandra.settle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
phone: +61 1800 722 577
mobile: +61 437 234 494

www.rackspace.com.au<https://rackspacemarketing.com/signatyourEmail/www.rackspace.com.au>

[Description: http://600a2794aa4ab5bae6bd-8d3014ab8e4d12d3346853d589a26319.r53.cf1.rackcdn.com/signatures/images/twitter.png]<https://twitter.com/RackspaceANZ>  [Description: http://600a2794aa4ab5bae6bd-8d3014ab8e4d12d3346853d589a26319.r53.cf1.rackcdn.com/signatures/images/linkedin.png]

Rackspace Hosting Australia PTY LTD a company registered in the state of Victoria, Australia (company registered number ACN 153 275 524) whose registered office is at Level 1, 37 Pitt Street, Sydney, NSW 2000, Australia. Rackspace Hosting Australia PTY LTD privacy policy can be viewed at www.rackspace.com.au/company/legal-privacy-statement.php - This e-mail message may contain confidential or privileged information intended for the recipient. Any dissemination, distribution or copying of the enclosed material is prohibited. If you receive this transmission in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail at abuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and delete the original message. Your cooperation is appreciated.

PNG image

PNG image

PNG image

Follow ups