Re: [openstack-doc-core] Core team review - April

On 03/04/17 22:10, Alexandra Settle wrote:
> Hi core team,
>
> Here's the core reviewer stats for this month[1]:
>
> Current cores not appearing in any stats:
> - Christian Berendt
> - Olga Gusarenko
> - Shilla Saebi
> - Tom Fifield
>
> This is the first appearance for Tom and Olga on this list, second for Christian, and third for Shilla. I will reach out to these people individually.
>
> Current non-cores appearing in stats:
>
> melissaml/ma.lei (30 and 90 days)
> bruce-benjamin (30 and 90 days)
> qiaomin032 (Contributions only)
> Ankur Gupta (Contributions only)
> Emma Foley (Contributions only)
> Ianeta Hutchinson (90 days)
> John Davidge (30 days)
>
> Melissa (ma.lei) and Bruce Benjamin have been appearing in two or more columns since the beginning of this year, and various times last year too. I think we should consider both Melissa and Bruce. They both regularly appear in the stats; however, I would like to reach out and discuss with them the responsibility of becoming a core member before offering the position. I feel like they both might need a little more time and coaching to improve their review quality, although that's open for discussion in this group.

I have (like Andreas) also noticed that Melissa and Bruce do a lot of reviews, but it's largely hitting +1 on things without a lot of thought or comment. Melissa's patches are often pretty rough too. More training required here, I think :)

> I'd also like to call out John Davidge (john-davidge) as being a relative newcomer who is putting a lot of effort in with the Networking Guide and proving to be a very valuable reviewer on networking content.

Yes, his work has been awesome :)

> My recommendation for April is:
>
> Drop: Shilla Saebi and Christian Berendt
> Add: no one
>
> Yay or nay?

Yea from me :)

Lana Brindley