[openstack-doc-core] Core team review - July

Hi core team,

Due to last month’s change to using Stackalytics for the review stats, I am choosing to continue this trend so we have some consistency. However, I will send out an email shortly to decide on what review stats we use in the future.

Here's the core reviewer stats for this month[1]:

Current cores not appearing in any stats:

  *   Lana Brindley
  *   Brian Moss
  *   Joseph Robinson
  *   Darren Chan
  *   Maria Zlatkova
  *   Olena Logvinova
  *   Olga Gusarenko
  *   Tom Fifield

This is a first-time appearance for most. However, I have spoken to Joseph and Darren regarding their contributions and I believe they are choosing to step down. Lana and Brian however intend to continue with their reviews. I will email and discuss the potential for staying core. I will also email Maria, Olena, Olga, and Tom about their interest on staying on. Right now, we need all the core(s) we can get, and we truly need people to step up if they can provide the time and expertise.

Current non-cores appearing in stats:

  *   Petr Kovar (All 3 columns)
  *   Bruce Benjamin (All 3 columns)
  *   Melissaml (All 3 columns)
  *   Ian Choi (All 3 columns)
  *   Akihiro Motoki (30 days and contributions)
  *   Ildiko Vancsa (30 days and contributions)

I have reached out to Bruce and Melissa on several occasions. Melissa has contacted me back and is interested in becoming core. I have advised her to introduce herself on the ML, as she is not a strong presence on IRC, and read up on the responsibilities of being a core. I still have not heard from Bruce.

I would like to promote Petr to becoming core. Petr has been around since the Mitaka[2] release, and has recently stepped up with his reviews and commits to help us out with our migration. He is also intending to step forward to become our release manager for the Ocata cycle.

This month’s big thanks go to Doug Hellmann who has been tirelessly helping orchestrate the documentation migration. Thank you, Doug!

My recommendation for April is:

Drop: Joseph Robinson, and Darren Chan
Add: Petr Kovar

Yay or nay?

Thanks,
Alex

[1]  This lives in a spreadsheet, which you can see here (note that the months are in tabs at the bottom of the page): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15rPHjQ3BKYsImLqKWlW1BD-NfMKzh9Hzl2_gfHp9bc0/edit?usp=sharing
[2] http://stackalytics.com/?project_type=all&module=documentation-group&metric=commits&user_id=pmkovar&release=all

Follow ups