Re: [OpenStack Foundation] Technical Committee: reserved seats for PTLs (or not)

Randy Bias wrote:
> My understanding from earlier discussions is that it was the purview of
> the Foundation directors to determine what was a core project and what
> is not.

IMHO it should be a combination of the two. If a given project is not
technically advanced enough, or cannot align efficiently with the other
projects, or can't follow our release cycle, it should not be a core
project, or at least not yet. This technical evaluation needs to be done
by the Technical Committee, with input from the various technical
stakeholders.

So it should be more like "accepted by the BoD on recommendation of the
TC" or "proposed by the BoD and and accepted or delayed by the TC" at
both incubation and core inclusion stages. I have a preference for the
first option, since the whole core inclusion track is a very progressive
and technical path that starts with engaging very early with the
existing technical leaders of the project.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack