openstack-qa-team team mailing list archive

Re: QA of XenServer features using Tempest

On 04/02/2012 05:45 AM, John Garbutt wrote:
Hi

Thanks for the clarifications. Being hypervisor agnostic (as much of
possible) makes a lot of sense.

Where would the Jenkins tests for all this go? I guess in here:

https://github.com/openstack/openstack-ci

 From what you say, to process to get from baremetal -> hypervisor ->
OpenStack is out of scope for Tempest.

Correct, out of scope for Tempest, but not out-of-scope for openstack-ci and associated bare-metal deployment scripting in the Jenkins environment.

Does anyone know who is doing that bit? Is that a combination of
openstack-ci and devstack? I noticed cobbler looks to be used in
openstack-ci.

Jim Blair has the first go here:

https://review.openstack.org/#change,6113

with the job results here:

https://jenkins.openstack.org/job/dev-gate-tempest-devstack-vm/3/

All the errors are due to the Tempest configuration file not being properly constructed from the base template config file.

I'm working on it today and hopefully we'll have a working run by end of today or early tomorrow.

Best,
-jay

Thanks,

John