openstack-qa-team team mailing list archive

Re: Policy for Tests linked to existing Bugs

On 5/4/2012 9:08 AM, Jay Pipes wrote:
> On 05/04/2012 06:14 AM, Karajgi, Rohit wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> What is the policy that we should or are following for test cases that
>> fail due to an existing Open Bug in Launchpad?
>>
>> For eg:
>> https://github.com/openstack/tempest/blob/master/tempest/tests/test_list_floating_ips.py#L64
>>
>> skips the test and posts the Bug ID in the message.
>>
>> Do we submit the test for review with the @skip(until Bug #xyz is fixed)
>> decorator applied?
>
> This is the choice that I believe is the easiest and simplest. We just
> need to be vigilant to remove the skips when/if the bug is fixed.
>
> -jay

Jay, I agree with the idea that we should check the test in anyway. But
we have the issue of who remembers to remove the skip decorator  when
the bug is fixed. Since we are going to be running tempest nightly, I
think it might be better to make these tests fail in the absence of the
bug rather than being skipped. I think  there may already be some cases
in Tempest that do this.

  -David

I agree with David, and I prefer that the test failed rather than using skip decorator.

- Ravi