openstack-qa-team team mailing list archive

Re: Weekly Meeting tomorrow, Thursday, May 31 @ 17:00 UTC

* Jay could not attend so there was no discussion of tempest gating or Skip Captain or working with developers on functional test plans

* Jose will submit a hopefully final patch for the swift tests very soon

* We will standardize expected exception behavior to use assertRaises rather than explicit try/catch. Unlike other assert unittest functions, this one does not take an optional message so we will create a helper method on a new TempsetTestCase that BaseComputeTest and friends
   will inherit. This class will probably be used for other things as well.

* We will provide a mechanism on the clients to track resources and "garbage collect" them when a test finishes running. It will still be possible to
   manage the resources manually if desired.

* Daryl is working on making parallel tempest execution work and will be submitting changes in batches. The first one is: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/7984/

* We did not have time to discuss the progress of a good example blueprint for QA functional test plan

* The jenkins tempest job is failing on test_networks as reported in https://bugs.launchpad.net/tempest/+bug/1007076. This should be fixed ASAP.