openstack-qa-team team mailing list archive

Using Jmeter performance tests in Tempest

Hi,

In the last design summit, I had introduced some of our efforts for Performance Testing of OpenStack using Jmeter.

I was interested to how know if this can be made a part of Tempest. There is a stress test framework that already is
present in Tempest, and it can be run with some nose attributes enabled.

However, Jmeter is an Apache licensed Java tool and it's test plans are in XML format (.jmx files)
These testplans, though generated from Jmeter's GUI,  can be executed on a non GUI environment.

Jmeter also requires a non-GUI, jmeter-server (.jar), running in the environment, preferably on a different host than the OpenStack
app servers that eventually generates the load on OpenStack.

I would like some thoughts before getting these tests in, since this a non Python framework:

1.       Should the Jmeter performance Test Suite be a part of Tempest or a different Github hosted sub-project of OpenStack QA?

2.       How should Gerrit reviews/code contributions be done and Jenkins configured for such a project?

Thanks & Regards,
Rohit Karajgi | Lead Engineer | NTT Data Global Technology Services Private Ltd | w. +91.20.6604.1500 x 378 |  m. +91 992.242.9639 | rohit.karajgi@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:rohit.karajgi@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Disclaimer:This email and any attachments are sent in strictest confidence for the sole use of the addressee and may contain legally privileged, confidential, and proprietary data.  If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender by replying promptly to this email and then delete and destroy this email and any attachments without any further use, copying or forwarding