openstack-qa-team team mailing list archive

Tempest Gating

Hi all,

I was just wondering if there's any reason to consider changing the gate
requirement for getting patches into tempest to be roughly equivalent to
nova (or the other components)? Right now, Nova patches get run against
the tempest smoke tests, but could potentially break other tests in
tempest that are required for future patches.

The reason I'm asking is that we (the IBM folks trying to bootstrap some
XML tests) have about sixteen patches queued, but all are stuck with -1
from Jenkins. From run to run, different tests will fail, often with
timeout or other spurious sorts of messages, and are in most cases
related to tests or infrastructure untouched by the patch series at
all. I've been hesitant to squash my test case patches together just
because I want to make sure that anything related to a specific test can
easily be adjusted, moved, or otherwise quarantined.

We've been getting some review from Daryl, but would really like to
start landing some of these (or making changes as required) to cut down
the length of the patch queue. I presume that having a -1 next to all of
them is what is standing in the way of getting more feedback and some
+2s required to merge.

Advice?

Thanks!

--