openstack-qa-team team mailing list archive

PyVows proof of concept

Hi all,

At last week's meeting we were discussing the limitations of nose as a test runner, and entertaining the idea of switching to a more appropriate test runner. I had mentioned that I had an proof of concept test suite laying around for a runner called PyVows (http://heynemann.github.com/pyvows/) that I've been vetting for use on other projects, so I wanted to share. The instructions on getting it running are in the README.

My very brief reasons for looking into this framework were that it's BDD without the Cucumber-ish text, it's good at running tests in serial when it needs to and in parallel when it can, and it's "expect" type of assertions feel natural. The output is also very friendly to read.

Daryl