openstack-qa-team team mailing list archive

Re: PyVows proof of concept

On 09/20/2012 03:16 PM, Daryl Walleck wrote:
Hi all,

At last week's meeting we were discussing the limitations of nose as a
test runner, and entertaining the idea of switching to a more
appropriate test runner. I had mentioned that I had an proof of concept
test suite laying around for a runner called PyVows
(http://heynemann.github.com/pyvows/) that I've been vetting for use on
other projects, so I wanted to share. The instructions on getting it
running are in the README.

My very brief reasons for looking into this framework were that it's BDD
without the Cucumber-ish text, it's good at running tests in serial when
it needs to and in parallel when it can, and it's "expect" type of
assertions feel natural. The output is also very friendly to read.

Any chance we could get this thrown into a temporary git repo on github? Would be a little simpler to try out things collaboratively that way.

Thanks!

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague