openstack-qa-team team mailing list archive

QA Proposed Blueprints

Out of the nova live upgrade, and full gate in tempest sessions at OpenStack Summit I think I've come up with the following blueprints that we should be looking at over grizzly.

* tempest-testtools - remove nose from tempest and use testtools/testr instead (this conversation mostly happened before I was in the room). I think Daryl is working this one, but we should blueprint it.

* tempest-coverage-reporting: come up with a way to get coverage out of OpenStack from tempest. Initial focus will be nova. This will help us identify areas that are and are not touched by external testing. Matt Treinish is working on this right now.

* tempest-audit: perform audit of tempest tests looking at longest running tests to determine if there are other ways to combine them, or remove duplicate tesitng, to reduce overall tempest runtime.

* nightly-upgade-testing: Dean Troyer's grenade effort needs to get into the nightly testing on the ci team, and the results should be coming out to the qa team.

* mixed-version-rpc-testing: This was a proposed attempt to specifically test a commit against the previous to ensure that the RPC layers can communicate (i.e. pass all the regular RPC tests). Right now we assume RPC multi node versions work, but it's not tested anywhere.

* multinode-testing: we need to develop a way to do multinode-testing as part of nightly runs. This may be past grizzly, but should be on the list because we keep bringing it up.

Please feel free to throw on comments and thoughts. Once we have general concensus we can take these forward into the tracker.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague
IBM Linux Technology Center