From: Adam Gandelman [mailto:adamg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, January 25, 2013 5:23 PM
To: openstack-ubuntu-testing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Miyoshi, Dennis E (HP Storage, MSDU)
Subject: Re: [Openstack-ubuntu-testing] python extras is not available

On 01/25/2013 03:53 PM, Miyoshi, Dennis E (HP Storage, MSDU) wrote:
Hi All;

We are building OpenStack Grizzly servers for integration testing.  We have found a problem with the python extras package for Precise.  When we attempt to install Quantum, the dependency fails for the python-extras-0.0.2-0ubuntu1 install.  I see that the debian package is on launchpad, but it is not in the apt-cache on our servers.  We have made multiple attempts to update the cache, but the extras package is always missing.

OS:  Ubuntu Precise
Package in question: extras 0.0.2-0ubuntu1 (python-extras)

Is there a problem with that package in the repository?  We have been downloading it and manually installing it.

Thanks.

Dennis

Dennis-

I believe the python-extras package is making its way through the binary-new queue [1] and into the Ubuntu archive for Raring.  Once there, it can be listed as a dependency of other packages.

In the meantime, I'll push a precise build of the package into the Grizzly trunk PPA [2] for testing and easier install.

HTH,
Adam

[1] https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/python-extras
[2] https://launchpad.net/~openstack-ubuntu-testing/+archive/grizzly-trunk-testing