openstack-ubuntu-testing team mailing list archive

Re: python extras is not available

On 01/28/2013 09:56 AM, Miyoshi, Dennis E (HP Storage, MSDU) wrote:

Hi Adam;

Should have asked this question before. Would I be better off running Raring? I can do that, just a bit more work due to the udev settings for the Ethernet ports, but it's definitely doable.

Thanks.

Dennis

Dennis-

At this point in the cycle, I'd say you're better off with the testing PPAs. There are still new / newer dependencies being added upstream which require some work on the Ubuntu side before they are available in the main archives. The testing PPA allows us to get those packages built and available for testing while the official, supported Ubuntu versions lag behind.

Adam

PS WRT ethernet ports:http://www.mail-archive.com/ubuntu-server@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg06223.html