Re: Cactus Release Preparation

Rick Clark wrote:
> In Bexar was a feature release.  We pushed lots of new features.  The
> focus of Nova development in Cactus is going to be testing and
> stabilization.

I wonder if we shouldn't say "consistency, testing and stabilization".
Feature work should be concentrated in areas where the resulting
software is not consistent, in covering the gaps left after a featureful
release. The different groups have been pursuing specific scenarios, but
as a project we want to make sure that the other combinations also work.

Support IPv6 on FlatManager, for example, is clearly part of that. A
complete toolset around the Openstack API, maybe have a plan to
deprecate the objectstore...

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack