Re: Network Service for L2/L3 Network Infrastructure blueprint

On Feb 3, 2011, at 8:52 AM, Jay Pipes wrote:

>> Absolutely not, as long as we're not trying to merge conflicting branches.  That was the problem last time -- I18N and the logging changes in particular were such pervasive pieces of work that it was hard work merging all the time.  Hopefully we won't see the likes of those again for a little while!
>
> Hehe, understood. I did 6 or 7 merge trunks while dealing with i18n,
> so I feel you :)  But, luckily, we don't look to have any of those
> super-invasive blueprints on deck for Cactus...but you never know ;)

	Is there any proscription about merging a partial change? IOW, if something like the logging change affected 100 files, would it be acceptable to merge, say, 20 at a time? As long as tests continue to pass, of course, and the merge prop is labeled as a partial implementation, and everything else continues to work without problem. This way any individual merge will only conflict with a few branches, while huge mega-merges will conflict with just about everything.

-- Ed Leafe