Network Service for L2/L3 Network Infrastructure blueprint

Thanks to everyone who has expressed an interest in the "Network Service for L2/L3 Network Infrastructure" blueprint (aka bexar-network-service, though it's obviously not going to land for Bexar).  In particular, Ram Durairaj, Romain Lenglet, Koji Iida and Dan Wendlandt have all recently contacted me regarding this blueprint, and I expect names from Rackspace too.  I assure you that I want all of you to be closely involved and to get your requirements included.

I am going to take the text that's currently in the Etherpad and mould it into a more concrete specification.  I would appreciate any input that anyone would like to offer.  My intention is to have a blueprint that we can get accepted for Cactus, and maybe a set of features that we want to consider for releases after that.  We'll discuss those future features at the next design summit.

Romain, you said "I am currently very active developing this blueprint. I have proposed a concrete design on December 3rd, 2010, and I'm implementing it." Please share this design, because it belongs on this blueprint.  We can all review it there.  Also, if you have code already, please refer us to a branch so that people can take a look at what you've done.  And thanks for your work so far!

Cheers,

Ewan.

Follow ups