Re: OpenStack Compute API 1.1

Jay: The AMQP->REST was the re-architecting I was referring to, which would
not be customer-facing (other than likely introducing new bugs.)  Spinning
off the services, if this is visible at the API level, is much more
concerning to me.

So Paul, I think the proxy is good because it acknowledges the importance of
keeping a consistent API.  But - if our API isn't finalized - why push it
out at all, particularly if we're then going to have the overhead of
maintaining another translation layer?  For Cactus, let's just support EC2
and/or CloudServers 1.0 API compatibility (again a translation layer, but
one we probably have to support anyway.)  Then we can design the right
OpenStack API at our leisure and meet all of our goals: a stable Cactus and
stable APIs.  If anyone ends up coding to a Cactus OpenStack API, we
shouldn't have them become second-class citizens 3 months later.

Justin