Re: Queue Service, next steps

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 5:22 PM, Eric Day <eday@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The main question right now is where to land on the spectrum of service
> efficiency vs ease of development (C/C++ on one end and Python on
> the other). It seems we're landing in the middle with Erlang. :)

Maybe I'm describing a separate project, but a fault tolerant and
scalable queue would be more interesting to me than something like
RabbitMQ with a REST interface.  There don't seem to be any reasonable
open-source implementations of distributed queues, but they're
available and widely used in $closed_source_clouds.

So.. I don't know, I guess I'd rather have seen a discussion on what
sort of queue service should be built before stuff like implementation
language were sussed out.  :)  And that probably has to be informed by
what people need, which I don't really know how we're supposed to
analyze.

-- Mike Barton