From: openstack-bounces+john=openstack.org@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:openstack-bounces+john=openstack.org@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Tim Bell
Sent: Monday, February 21, 2011 2:08 PM
To: Eric Day; openstack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Openstack] Queue Service, next steps

Please bear in mind the long term maintainability of the openstack package.
One of the attractive features at the moment is that there are not
significant pre-reqs to set up the environment and most mass market
environments can support it.

Using C++ would not significantly change this situation, whereas using
Erlang may create some more difficulty further down the line.  Anything that
makes porting/rebuilding more difficult needs to be carefully thought
through.

Tim Bell
CERN