Re: Novatools ...

Well, my previous reply somehow isn't going through to the list... so...
here it is again:

I've got some objections so far:

1. relying on python-cloudservers is a good metric by which to judge your
compatibility with the rackspace cloud, once jacob has accepted the changes
to support changing the auth endpoint. My opinion is that this project
should be a fork of python-cloudservers with the same name and whose
intention is not to add additional features at this time.

1a. To support your additional features for the very short term you should
be writing extensions to python-cloudservers (possibly with your minor
compat modifications) via actual python extension mechanisms (import,
inherit and extend).

2. the existing spec for "openstack api 1.1" is still contested, so basing
the tool chain going forward off of something that is made for compat with
cloudservers is possibly misguided at this point.

3. i'm not sure there need to be separate tools/libraries to interact with
each service, but i do like the idea of each being able ot provide a piece
of a web dashboard.

4. Emails from sandy/others are being duplicated multiple times in this
thread, i am replying only to the list for this message.