Re: Enhancements to Glance in Diablo? Input welcomed

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 2:26 AM, Ziad Sawalha <ziad@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Licensing - Has there been a conversation around licensing? Glance may not be the place to manage licenses (issue, track, revoke, renew, register, etc...) but one attribute of an image is whether it needs a license or not and if it does, where does one go to get one.

Hi Z!

Currently, Glance is more than capable of storing custom image
properties; licensing information might be an example of such a custom
attribute. Not sure that license management, per se, would be in the
purview of Glance, but certainly Glance could store licence
information about an image and some other middleware could be built
that queries/sets such custom attributes. No changes to Glance would
be needed with Glance's current architecture.

-jay