Re: Swift PPA's

2011/5/5 Chuck Thier <cthier@xxxxxxxxx>:
> Hey Soren,
> We've asked similar questions before :)
> Ever since the packaging was pulled out of the source tree, we have been
> mostly out of the packaging loop.  Since then most of the packaging details
> have been handled by monty and you.

It's been almost 6 months since I was deactivated from the swift-core
team. I did not set up your PPAs. I offered to sort out your PPA's for
the Bexar release, but I believe your response was "lol". :) I'm not
entirely sure what happened after that.

> We build our own packages for production, so we have mostly ignored it,
> figuring you guys would keep the packaging in line with what Nova was doing.
>  I'm all for cleaning that stuff up though, so let us know if there is
> anything you need from us.

Understanding what purpose your current PPA's serve would be quite
helpful (in order to find a good migration path to line up with
everyone else).

It would also be helpful to understand (and have documented) how your
production packages are different (and why).

> We do though have a couple of docs that reference the ppas, so if we make
> changes, then we should make changes there as well:
>  http://swift.openstack.org/howto_installmultinode.html
> http://swift.openstack.org/debian_package_guide.html

What is that based on (if I wanted to provide patches for it)? Is it
in the swift code repo?

--
Soren Hansen        | http://linux2go.dk/
Ubuntu Developer    | http://www.ubuntu.com/