Re: [Nova] Unassigned essential Diablo specs

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 11:59:05AM +0200, Thierry Carrez wrote:
> Hello Nova developers,
>
> In the plan that Vish came up with for Diablo[1], we have a number of
> essential specs that do not have an assignee.
>
> [1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/diablo
>
> This is an issue, since Essential specs are supposed to delay the Diablo
> release if they are not completed, and not having someone that is
> committed to deliver the feature sounds like the first step to certain
> failure. Here they are:
>
> Implement clear rest API for volumes (targeted at diablo-2, Jun 30)
> https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/implement-volume-api
> This is an essential piece of the decoupling of the volume code. Justin,
> you seemed to be interested ? Anyone else that could take it ?

I'm interested in this (and no-db-messaging).
However, right now I'm working on boot-from-volume[2] which is high.
So when I mostly finish it, I'd like to take it unless someone else
beaten me.

[2] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/nova/+spec/boot-from-volume

thanks,