Re: OpenStack API, Reservation ID's and Num Instances ...

On May 25, 2011, at 4:41 AM, Sandy Walsh wrote:

> - We'd need to create a per-Flavor FanOut queue. Some Compute nodes would express their interest in handling the request and we'd, somehow, need to decide which one gets the work. Who would decide that? How could they do it without creating a single point of failure?

Mesos has an interesing way of doing this, where there is an external scheduler that receives offers for resources and can choose to take the offers or not.

http://www.cs.brown.edu/courses/csci2950-u/f10/papers/mesos_tech_report.pdf

This would definitely be a radical difference from what we are doing, but perhaps we could provide some sort of webhook where we can pass sanitized offers back to clients and they can decide whether to take them or not.

Vish