Re: [RFC] Stable branch

On 10/19/2011 04:18 AM, Dave Walker wrote:
"The stable branch will only be maintained until the next release is
out." - Does this explicitly need stating?  If contributors want to
continue to propose changes to this for a longer term, is this a
problem?  I see it that the branch will naturally stop being
maintained as contributors lose interest?

I think something like this is worth stating. It helps set expectations for users of the stable branch. Perhaps it could be stated that it is only guaranteed to be maintained that long, but could be longer based on maintainer interest. Anything longer than "until the next release" would just be a bonus to the stated maintenance commitment.

--
Russell Bryant