Re: Keystone's stable/diablo branch

Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> You seem to be suggesting that incubating projects should follow a
> different versioning scheme until they are accepted? I'd much rather see
> incubating projects show that they can align themselves with the other
> projects, rather than have them do something different.

That's the limits of common versioning... It's just that "2011.3"
happens to be the OpenStack version number as well as the components
version number. So OpenStack 2011.3 implies Nova 2011.3 but Keystone
2011.3.1 doesn't imply OpenStack 2011.3.1. I'd have preferred to stay
out of that can of worm from the time being, but...

>> So I would realign both __init__.py and setup.py with a 1.0.1 that is
>> superior to the 0.9 and 1.0 that were apparent in the Diablo release.
>
> But not superior to 2011.3 which was also apparent :)

If 2011.3 ever was apparent, I'm OK with 2011.3.1.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack