Re: Update Container Metadata.

John Dickinson wrote:

> Updating existing container metadata with a POST is entirely supported  and intended behavior. (The same also applies to adding/updating metadata on an account.)

Having read those exact sequences recently to determine some implications of something I was considering, I would
state that the fact that a POST can replace the metadata on an existing Container or Account is clear -- but it is far from
being clearly highlighted. Someone looking for "where's the method to update a Container's metadata" could easily
reach the false conclusion that this was not possible.

Maybe we should change the header on the POST operation to something like "create/update" rather than "create"?

There is also a minor issue that at least from my reading of the docs there is no good way to *add* metadata to a container
without risking at least a temporary deletion of metadata put by a different user. You would need to do a "Get", "Put" followed
by a "Get" to deal with the possibility of a concurrent metadata edit to the same container, right?

Given the horrendously low probability of concurrent metadata edits I don't think this ranks very high on the fix list, though.