Re: Git release tags?

Julien Danjou wrote:
> Would it be possible to use git tags to mark released version?
> For example, I'm trying to find the latest Keystone release in Git, but
> there's no tag. It seems a bit messy, or do I miss something?

I think you're missing something.

keystone (master)$ git tag
2011.3
essex-1

Tags are used for every core project milestone and release (the first
release of Keystone as an official openstack core project will happen in
April). The git master repo for keystone therefore has a "essex-1" tag:

https://github.com/openstack/keystone/tree/essex-1

Previous to that, projects are free to use tags as well. Keystone used a
"2011.3" tag for their own Diablo release:

https://github.com/openstack/keystone/tree/2011.3

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack