Re: Quantum OVS over StackOPS

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 3:39 AM, Alisson Soares Limeira Pontes <
apontes@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have a dual node (Controller and Compute) OpenStack setup, working fine.
> But i want to configure quantum for NaaS. I follow all steps of quantum
> administrator guide, and installed it in the controller-node. To configure
> the OVS plugin we must copy  ovs_quantum_agent.py and
> ovs_quantum_plugin.ini to the compute-node and launch the command
>

> you probably right, Soren. I will install ovs-* in the compute node and
> retry. I have ovs-* installed only in the controller. I will try it and
> give feedback. Thank you very much.

Hi Alisson,

This is correct.  OVS replaces the linux bridge as the virtual switch.  It
must run on all compute nodes, as well as as any nodes running
nova-compute, if you are using using Quantum in a way that requires some of
the additional data plane services provided by nova-network (e.g., DHCP, L3
NAT gateway).

Since you've gotten this far, I'm guessing you're already following the OVS
plugin directions at: http://openvswitch.org/openstack/documentation/

There is also the plugin-agnostic documentation at:
http://docs.openstack.org/incubation/openstack-network/admin/content/

I will go over the docs and try to make it more clear about what nodes
require OVS to be installed.  Best,

Dan