From: bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of Alejandro Comisario [question185840@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2012 8:50 AM
To: Sandy Walsh
Subject: Re: [Question #185840]: Multi-Zone finally working on ESSEX but cant   "nova list" (KeyError: 'uuid') + doubts

Question #185840 on OpenStack Compute (nova) changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/nova/+question/185840

Alejandro Comisario is still having a problem:
Sandy, Vish !

Thanks for the replies ! let me get to the relevant points.

#1 I totally agree with you guys, the policy for spawning instances
maybe very special of each company strategy, but, as you can pass from
"Fill First" to "Spread First" just adding a "reverse=True" on
nova.scheduler.least_cost.weighted_sum" and
"nova.scheduler.distributed_scheduler._schedule" maybe its a harmless
addition to manipulate (since we are going to have a lot of zones across
datacenters, and many different departments are going to create many
instances to load-balance their applications, we really preffer
SpreadFirst to make sure hight availability of the pools )

#2 As we are going to test essex-3, i would like if you can tell me if
the zones code from Chris Behrens is going to be added on Final Essex /
Milestone 4, so we can keep testing other features, or you preffer us to
load this as a bug to be fixed since maybe the code that broke is not
going to have major changes.

Kindest regards !

--
You received this question notification because you are a member of Nova
Core, which is an answer contact for OpenStack Compute (nova).

Follow ups