Re: [Scaling][Orchestration] Zone changes. WAS: [Question #185840]: Multi-Zone finally working on ESSEX but cant "nova list" (KeyError: 'uuid') + doubts

Alejandro Comisario wrote:
> PS: Is the plan to commit the new Zones code into Milestone 3 ? that
> would be fantastic news !

Essex-3 being out, that sounds unlikely. And Essex being feature-frozen,
it also sounds unlikely that such a far-reaching change would land in Essex.

New features and architectural improvements are exciting, but we also
need to be careful to produce something usable in production at the end:
constantly adding new code (and therefore new bugs) is not the way to
win that fight.

Note that, in retrospect, 6-month release schedules with monthly
milestones might not be the best way to get fast availability of new
features together with a bugfixing period. We end up getting features
out fast, but with too many bugs for anyone to consider using them
before final release, which happens too rarely.

We will certainly revisit that for the Folsom cycle -- expect a session
at the Design Summit to discuss that.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack