Re: [DEVSTACK] officialize it!

On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 7:40 PM, Joshua Harlow <harlowja@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

>  Interesting, what is the non-developer use case or the one u see as
> existing?

This is my own personal opinion and not as commiter of devstack.sh,

I found very valuable to  point sysops to devstack.sh with the argument
"it's just a shell script" and you'll learn how openstack components are
getting plugged together. The argument being is that no matter they are
using automated deployment  like puppet/chef rpm/deb reading that well
documented shell script would actually make them understand how it works
under the hood and how to investigate problems if needed.

This argument can have less weight with that sort of audience when there is
a ''proper'' programming language involved which can maybe scared them away.

Chnmouel.