Re: [DEVSTACK] officialize it!

Hmmm, I'm not sure I agree with that.
The "its just a shell script" argument only works when its pretty simple, setting up all these components is not simple. I think you are dumbing down your sysops to much :-)
I think that having a well documented python script can be just as easy to follow, if not easier (since the rest of openstack is in python). In the end the complexity of the system setup should really not rely on a documented piece of code, but should actually follow what the rest of openstack is doing (with a real set of documentation, ie a http://docs.openstack.org/ guide) imho. Having a shell script act as a run book seems pretty wrong in the end.