Re: Adding a Glance image via API without POSTing the image data?

> I think this is a slightly different (but related) use case. In this
> case the user wants to add an image to the configured Glance store
> through the web front-end performing the same task as 'glance add
> name="foo" is_public=true < blah.tar.gz' in the CLI.
>
> Ideally Horizon would provide a UI that allows the user to specify an
> image location URL and then optionally a check box for "upload to
> image store" or something along those lines.

A-ha, I see what you mean.

AFAIK that mode of upload separate to the image POST is not currently
supported, but it would be quite straightforward to add say support
for a header that identifies an image location for glance to retrieve
from (as opposed to just recording the external location).

Something like:

where URI is a HTTP, S3, or Swift location that's accessible to the
glance API service.

Would that address your use-case, Gabriel?

Cheers,
Eoghan