openstack team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
Essex Doc Day March 6th
Hi all -
We're planning for an all-OpenStack Doc day for the Essex release for
Tuesday March 6th. I'll be at the Rackspace San Francisco office and
you're welcome to join a group of us there, or set up your own Doc Day
in your neck of the woods. We'll have a meetup.org Event post to link
to soon so you can sign up. All are welcome!
For the Essex release, these are the priorities to document:
* Configuration information about new flags now available in the Essex release
* Insert nova client commands where euca- commands are in the current
* Document API extensions for operators and cloud users, such as the Volume API
* Set up and configuration for switching from RabbitMQ to Qpid
* Volume how-tos for setting up additional backends
* Install instructions for XenServer
* Operator's day-to-day instructions for Object Storage, such as
adding a new cluster
If something on that list doesn't tickle your fancy, I'd recommend
looking at http://wiki.openstack.org/ReleaseNotes/Essex for
suggestions or https://bugs.launchpad.net/openstack-manuals.
Hoping to see you on Folsom street for documenting the Essex release!