Re: RHEL / CentOS - interfaces.template

Nathan i forgot to mention that were actually running ubuntu as host, so we
were thinking about a way of inject ips on Red Hat as guest, but without
forcing any interfaces.template so Ubuntu guests can reside in the same
hosts too. Maybe if we can merge the aditions to the mainline package.

Thats a nice hack, and i agree that will be nice to get this pulled in. I
think that cutting up libvirt.connection.py its inevitable but its hard to
support many potential guest OS.  We really need to think in a more
"unpersonalized" way of storing this on Openstack.

If the guest os is part of the instance creation json, maybe we can
implement a way to read from a more simpler format of network configuration
template and based on this, use guestfs, qcow or whatever we need, of
course, if dhcp its not an option

Regards
Lean