Re: [ubuntu-cloud] Update on Ubuntu automated testing and CI of Openstack

On Thu, 09 Feb 2012 07:57:31 -0800, Robbie Williamson <robbie@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 02/09/2012 05:21 AM, Ghe Rivero wrote:
Wow! Openstack is really getting to much love from Ubuntu, nice!  I wish
we have so many resources to the same with Debian. Keep the good work guys!
Ghe Rivero

I could be 100% wrong here, but I think Debian has agreed (or are in
talks) to use Ubuntu as the upstream for OpenStack, thus allowing our
testing to "trickle" down.

Can you please cite a reference for this?
It would be a significant change to Debian policy and packaging.
Afaik, the package(s) would still need to be mentored and sponsored - in this case who does this, Debian or Ubuntu or?